29 March 2016

Alice Is Living in My Mailbox (II)

And, of course, one of the responsables that Alice is living in my mailbox is Cheshire John!

The Caterpillar took the hookah out
of his mouth
 and addressed her in a languid, sleepy voice,
 "Who are you?"
This postcard arrived with a stamp I had never seen, of Through the Looking GlassI almost did not need to blur the address. It seems that the ink ran, or maybe it rained over the postcard. However, the condition of the postcard is good. I still can read the message and, more important... the postal clerks could read the address!





Did you know this Alice, by Will Zender? It arrived with one of the stamps from that set, which I had not received so far:

Has the Mad Hatter the mouth full of tea,
or is it just a cancellation? ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Love all these Alice postcards and stamps! I've only received one of the UK stamps from that set (with a matching postcard though) and I'll treasure it forever :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! :)
      Yes, these stamps are really beautiful, and they brighten the mail.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if somebody cried on the postcard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.