07 April 2015

Do You Like Alice's Adventures in Wonderland?


Postcard sent by John (the UK). Quotation on the back: "It was all very well to say: 'Drink me,' but the wise Alice was not going to do that in a hurry."


This one was also sent by John. It shows a detail of memorial window in Alls Saints' Church (Daresbury, Cheshire, the UK). Charles Dodgson (Lewis Carroll) was born at Daresbury Parsonage in 1832. Another place I need to visit...!


Postcard sent by Laura (the UK). It belongs to this exhibition. How I would have liked to attend it! And I was in Liverpool some months later the same year...

And some stamps from this set issued by Royal Mail on January 6th.





Also a postcard with the same design:



Update 15 March 2016: One more!



Update 25 Sep. 2017:

Update 4 April 2018: I think this is the last one!



My collection of Alice's postcards and stamps.

4 comments:

  1. Per fi em va un instant internet! Justament m'han regalat el llibre il·lustrat aquesta setmana!!! (L)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the stamps are among the best the Royal Mail have issued.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.