29 August 2016

Universities

I was pretty sure that John (the UK) was going to find postcards for my album of Universities...!

King's College, Aberdeen

Newcastle Upon Tyne


And Laura sent another postcard of Trinity College of Dublin (almost the same postcard, indeed!). This time, she posted it from Dublin (Ireland):


On the back, it says:
Trinity College, Dublin City, was founded by Elizabeth the 1st in 1592. Amongst it's most famous graduates are, Samuel Beckett, Oscar Wilde, Jonathan Swift and Bram Stoker. It is also home to the Book of Kells, a priceless A. D. 800 Celtic manuscript.

2 comments:

  1. I can't get the link to the earlier card to work but perhaps that's just me!
    Ironically I can't find a postcard of Liverpool University despite it having an architecturally fine building!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's working, try again, please!

      And don't worry: I saw Liverpool University in person once :)

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.