07 April 2020

More Scientists, Please!

"If the present arrangements of society will not admit of woman's free development, then society must be remodelled." - Elizabeth Blackwell (1821-1910), doctor

Nettie Stevens (1861-1912), geneticist
"Miss Stevens has a share in a discovery of importance, and her work will be remembered for this." - Thomas Hunt Morgan

"I have considerable pride in the fact that some of the best work done in Geology today by women, ranking with that done by men, has been done by my students." - Florence Bascom (1862-1945), geologist and educator

"I was taught that the way of progress is neither swift nor easy." - Marie Curie (1867-1934), physicist and chemist

Postcards sent by Phillip (the USA). Works by Rachel Ignotofsky.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I just updated the post because Marie Curie has arrived this morning :D

      Delete
    2. Nice to see that mail is still arriving.

      Delete
    3. I think it took some 20 days. Not bad at all, all things considered!

      Delete
    4. I agree, given the huge decrease in international flights, as well as the decrease in post office staff and processing abilities in some countries.

      Delete
  2. I love this serie! (and am very happy to be a lucky receiver, too)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.