29 August 2020

Romain Britain



Again, and again thanks to John, I have got the stamp (and postcard!) I like the most from a wonderful set: Romain Britain. It features the ancient Roman lighthouse in Dover, which is the tallest surviving Roman building in Britain. 

So, two of my passions in this piece of mail: ancient Rome and lighthouses. Plus, I was actually there in 2004. Nice memories!

As a curiosity, there is a mistake on the stamp. Can you spot it?


While preparing this post, more stamps from this set arrived. Along from a 2003 stamp featuring Alexander the Great (belonging to this set):





Update 23/07/2021: I got another postcard from John, yay!


Update 24/10/2021

Update 29/01/2022


Update 8 June 2022



Update 24/08/2022


Update 22/04/2023

4 comments:

  1. Someone got tired before the end of the build.
    Those are nice big stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Roman Britain, too. The new set is very nice - I had no idea they built stone lighthouses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think few Roman lighthouses stands nowadays. This is a nice site.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.