20 September 2020

Sunday Stamps | Bikes

Today's theme is Sunday Stamps is Motion. I don't know why, but I thought immediately of bikes.

Postal bikes, as in this series from the UK:






The post is delivered by bike all around the world: Hungary, Mexico...




But bikes aren't only for postal workers. It is for all kind of people: the milkman (I mean, when there were milkmen...), students, elegant couples, shoppers, athletes...





Bikes are for all kind of people! Even for... other people:

Had you realised how often bikes appear on stamps?!?


12 comments:

  1. So, so many bikes! And so many different styles. The pentacycle looks awkward to ride, but also steadier than some of the others. And the Portuguese student must be late as she's going so fast she'll lose more of her supplies.

    this choice is very timely with the tour de france finishing today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not very good at balance, so a pentacycle would be perfect for me!

      Delete
  2. Lots of interesting bikes. Love a bicycle, a great way to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent selection of a broad array of bikes! Love the antique bikes on the U.K. stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb collection of bike stamps including the Post and Go stamps from Great Britain, none of which I have seen before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky; a friend sent me the whole set of those Post&Go bikes!

      Delete
  5. Bikes are a wonderful means of transport, and a wonderful theme for stamps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I would have noticed the bicycle on the Singapore stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.