06 September 2020

Sunday Stamps | Canadian Photography

For today's topic on Sunday Stamps, Black & White, I have chosen the stamps I have got from the series 150 Years of Photography. Five stamps featuring masterworks by Canadian photographers were issued every year from 2013 to 2017. 

Window, 1988
Angela Grauerholz


Freighter’s Boat on the Banks of the Red River, MB, 1958
Humphrey Lloyd Hime


Sir John A. Macdonald, circa 1883


Victoria Bridge, Grand Trunk Railway, Montreal, Quebec, c. 1878
Alexander Henderson


Toronto, 1960
Lutz Dille

Untitled, 1979
Lynne Cohen
(Sorry for the penstrike!)

10 comments:

  1. I particularly like the last two.
    Sir John A is not a particularly popular person at the moment (he may have helped build the country, but he also helped build residential school system for thousands of Indian children) but it is a nice photograph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess he is part of history, and this photograph is too.

      My favourite is Lutz Dille’s.

      Delete
  2. I can't decide if the last one is eerie or artistic. Certainly leaves a lot for the viewer to think about.
    Wish the post would be less enthusiastic with their pen strikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last one - what an odd-shaped room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful set - so nice you have received so many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't realised I hag got so many until I put them together :)

      Delete
  5. I would add the bridge stamp to my favourites here, but then I like all like this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.