31 December 2023

Sunday Stamps | Good Night

The last Sunday Stamps of 2023 is dedicated to Night Scenes. So... Good Night, and Good Luck!

200 years Royal Dutch Academy of Sciences (KNAW)
Netherlands, 20 May 2008

Haute Provence Observatory
France, 4 July 1970

The Man in the Moon (Smiles)
UK, 6 February 1990

Participating in all the Sunday Stamps themes during 2023 has been also a good mail project. 53 weeks of joy sharing some incoming stamps and learning from other's posts. Thanks for reading and keeping it alive!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for a wonderful year of educational, informative, and fun posts Eva!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy that you enjoy the blog. That encourages me :)

      Thanks also for all the wonderful mail along this year.

      Delete
  2. The man in the moon certainly was smile inducing! Love the French starry night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to find the man on the stamp!

      Delete
  3. Oooh that is a smiler I've not seen, fun stamp

    ReplyDelete
  4. You choose really interesting stamps for today, I don't think I've seen any of them before. Have a great start to 2024!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a while to find night scenes, so I'm glad you like them :)

      Delete
  5. I am not sure I understand the illustration in the first stamp. May you have a great 2024.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it represents the observatory. Magie van wetenschap means 'the Magic of Science'.

      Delete
  6. The first stamp is my favorite! At first I thought it was showing half of a snow-globe, but then I realized it may be a fourth of a Petri dish with tweezers grabbing a particle, popping out from a book... or not 😀. Happy 2024!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. And also the starring night (or so I thought when I chose the stamp!).

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.