03 December 2023

Sunday Stamps | Health

Today's Sunday Stamps is dedicated to Health and medicine. There are a lot of stamps to choose from, especially celebrating achievements or raising awareness among people. I found some examples:

Breast Cancer Research
USA, 1998

Public Hospitals
USA, 1986

Struggle Against COVID-19
Turkey, 2022

COVID-19 become a popular theme among stamp collectors. Nevertheless, I think this is the only stamp I have got related to it.

Red Cross
Netherlands, 2002

Insulin 100th Anniversary
Canada, 2021

8 comments:

  1. Like you I only have one covid stamp (not counting my own country) although I must admit was more excited to unexpectedly get a German covid cancel on unrelated stamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go also German postmarks related to covid, and also some postmarks from the UK and Canada (See here and here, for instance. But I don't recall I've got more stamps. I certainly haven't got the Spanish ones!

      Delete
  2. I haven't received any covid stamps :(
    The colours on the breast cancer stamp is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how many covid stamps have been issued. I guess someone has a complete collection!

      Delete
  3. I forgot about the cancer awareness stamp! I really like the Turkish stamp. The Canada insulin stamp is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got the cancer awareness stamp more than once. The rest, I have received them not long ago.

      Delete
  4. A great collection. I didn't know there were covid stamps issued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several countries issued them but, as I wrote, there aren't more of them in my collection.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.