27 October 2024

Sunday Stamps | The Library


Today's Sunday Stamps goes for Public Buildings. My favourite public buildings are always... libraries!

UNESCO proclaimed 1979  as the International Year of the Child, and Correos issued this cheerful stamp celebrating it. The theme chosen was the library ('La biblioteca'). I have not found information about the illustrator, but I love the design. If you look close, you realise that all the users of the library are children, and a curious timetable on the door.


More stamps dedicated to libraries:



6 comments:

  1. Great stamps! I hadn't thought of libraries when thinking of the theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first idea that came to mi mind!

      Delete
  2. I love libraries - their physical space certainly has changed since I was young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and also the services they offer have changed. But still... public libraries are the very best!

      Delete
  3. Libraries are my favorite buildings too! My training is in library science, so that makes sense. The Birmingham library looks wrapped in fabric to me! I love the brightly colored children's library stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.