20 September 2012

Return to Sender


Return to sender
Elvis Presley

Return to sender
Return to sender

I gave a letter to the postman
He put it in his sack
Bright and early next mornin'
He brought my letter back
(she wrote upon it)

Return to sender
Address unknown
No such number
No such soul
We had a quarrel
A lover's spat
I write I'm sorry
But my letter keeps coming back

So when I dropped it in the mail box
As any special deed
Bright and early next morning
It came right back to me
(she wrote upon it)

Return to sender
Address unknown
No such person
No such soul

This time I'm gonna take it myself
And put it right in her hand
And if it comes back the very next day
Then I'll understand
(The writing on it)

Return to sender
Address unknown
No such number
No such soul
Return to sender
Return to sender
Return to sender
Return to sender

4 comments:

  1. I never heard this song before. It's nice:) But I hope I won't ever get back return to sender letter:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've discovered this song recently too, even if it's, mmm, a bit old.

      It's sad to have "return to sender" letters. I think I have got only three or four so far, for different reasons.

      Delete
  2. I've got one in return, once. But it was because of the size of the card (I should have paid more, but I didn't know it, I was a teenager and I had a cruch for the person who had to receive that card). I put on another stamp and it reached the person. He's still a friend of mine, altough he lives so far that I've only seen him 3 times in my whole life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curious story!
      I've even sent letters without stamp (I used to be forgetful; not now), and they reached their destination.

      When I work for the post office company, I discovered that returning a letter sometimes involves more time than try to find the addressee. Maybe this is the reason why most of letters arrived safe and sound!

      Postmen and postwomen usually take a great deal of care over personal letters...

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.