04 October 2015

Landscape with Stamps

I was not sure about what to share for this week's Sunday Stamps -II, the topic being very general: Scenery...


This is a big postcard sent by Heleen (the Netherlands), drawn and collaged on the backside of a calendar. I like the drawing, and specially I look how she was able to create a scenery using the stamps. Yes, also the post office contributed with the ink... Very difficult to postmark, wasn't it?

Also, the windmills are a favourite of mine. One of them belongs to the set of Dutch Icons issued on January 2, 2014:



Le Moulin de la Galette and La Butte de Montmartre are Van Gogh paintings from 1886. As stamps, they belongs to one of the many Dutch series dedicated to this artist: City and Village.





And of course also the Limosa Limosa contributed to create this Dutch-French landscape!



By the way, this is the back of the postcard, also collaged:

10 comments:

  1. The post office have made little clouds with their ink, nice they have taken the trouble ours would have probably scribbled on the stamps with a biro. Super postcard art, love the happy dancing cow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good work, so biro cancellation would has been a pity here... I like the postmarks showing that the postcard has travelled. And the dancing cow makes me smile :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing, Eva!
    I couldn't find stamps on this theme (and have little time also), so I am pleasantly surprised that you did find suitable stamps!

    By the way, the happy dancing cow is a sticker which I bought from CAS, an organization who helps cows/bulls by taking action against cruel bullfights (www.cas-international.org/EN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had already written the post, and then I realised it could be in the theme... ;)

      I love this one!

      Delete
  3. You have done doubly well with these – scenic stamps creating a scene!
    I like the van Gogh ones, though think it's a shame that they are so dark to really appreciate, as are many stamps of paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right with the paintings. Still... I love the Van Gogh stamps!

      Delete
    2. I heard more people complaining of the darkness in Van Gogh's stamps. There are some bright ones, but indeed in several stamps the dark image makes it hard to see the beautiful details van Gogh put into his paintings..

      Delete
    3. But it depends on the paintings. I have received the postcard and stamp of "The Sower" (Thanks! To be posted...). And it isn't dark at all.

      Delete
  4. Super postcard, not ruined at all by the postmark. The Van Gogh stamps are interesting even the dark ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have issued a lot of Van Gogh stamps lately.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.