28 April 2019

Women on Stamps | J for Juchacz


Marie Juchacz (1879-1956) was a German political reformer. She became, in 1919, the first female Reichstag member to address a German parliament.

In 2003, she was also honoured by Deutsche Post in its Women in German history series of postage stamps. Another stamp (that I don't have) had been issued in 1969:

(Taken from here)
----------

For the current round of Sunday Stamps A-Z I am showing stamps dedicated to women. You can see here all the Women on Stamps featured on this blog.

Go to Sunday Stamps to enjoy more J-stamps.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Eva. I was not familiar with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Actually, she was also unknown to me until I got this stamp.

      Delete
  2. I should probably comment when I *do* know the woman on the stamp. She was certainly a political pioneer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shamely, it is the same for me. I wonder how nervous she was when she spoke in the Parliament...

      Delete
  3. Wow, that was some life in turbulent times, you can tell she was a strong character from the portraits. One of the many Women in History stamps I have missing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would never hae come across this interesting woman.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.