02 February 2020

Sunday Stamps | Science

Several sciences represented on stamps for this week's theme in Sunday Stamps: Science-related.

Chemistry

Canada, 2011
International Year of Chemistry
John Polanyi, 1986 Nobel Prize in Chemistry


Oman, 2011
International Year of Chemistry

United Kingdom, 1977
Royal Institute of Chemistry


Photogrammetry

Canada, 1972
Earth Sciences


Physics

Germany, 2017
Astrophysics

United Kingdom, 1991
Scientific Achievements
Michael Faraday - Electricity


Biomedical Sciences

Spain, 2018
Biomedical Research in Spain

Spain, 2019
The Generation of 2000
The sequencing of the human genome
Malaysia, 1976
75th Anniversary of Institute of Medical Research

United Kingdom, 2019
British Engineering
Synthetic bone-grafting material

10 comments:

  1. Wow, an amazing collection here. And I just received that German stamp on a postcard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've received it twice, and I love it a lot.

      Delete
  2. Superb span of sciences and a lovely postmark. I like the gravity waves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this kind of stamps. Great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the old school illustration of the Omani stamp.
    But all of these are so interesting (makes me want to learn more)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose that's the idea behind science stamps: to make us want to learn more :)

      Delete
  5. A fascinating collection of science stamps most of which, including GB, I had not seen before. I didn't know that there had been an International Year of Chemistry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were interesting issues in 2011, by a lot of countries.

      -You can see here the Spanish stamp, dedicated to Marie Curie.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.