03 September 2023

Sunday Stamps | Canadian Landscapes

The stamps above belong to the multi-year UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Canada series. From left to right: The Landscape of Grand Pre, Nova Scotia (2016), SGang Gwaay, British Columbia (2014) and Joggins Fossil Cliffs, Nova Scotia (2014).


From the From Far and Wide series. Above: Abraham Lake, Alberta (2020) and Herschel Island-Qikiqtaruk Territorial Park, Yukon (2020).

Below: 
  • Cabot Trail, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia (2020)
  • French River, Prince Edward Island (2020)
  • Iceberg Alley Near Ferryland, Newfoundland (2019)
  • Arctic Bay, Nunavut (2018)
  • Prince Edward Island National Park, Prince Edward, 2018
  • Parc national de l'lle-Bonaventure-et-du-Rocher-Perce (Quebec), 2018






Both series are among my favourites. I only wish the stamps were a bit bigger!

Go to Sunday Stamps to see more Landscapes on stamps!

10 comments:

  1. I agree. It seems almost a waste to have the stamps so tiny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures are really beautiful, so it would be nice to see more details.

      Delete
  2. It’s true: they would better if larger, but they are good when you have to fit several on a postcard 😁. The stamps are all beautiful, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could be a good reason for making them so small :)

      Delete
    2. I remember being told at the post office that people complained about the larger sized stamps, but I wonder who, besides postcrossers, need a lot of room for stamps.
      Also, these were also available as pre-paid postcards.

      Delete
    3. I usually complain that the stamps are too small. Maybe my eyesight is getting worse...

      Lately, Correos is issuing some very large commemorative stamps (Like this one).

      Delete
  3. The only one I've seen before is the Cabot Trail which always looks an inviting road trip. Like the 'Flags' series I agree it would be nice to have the stamps larger. Their smallness perhaps an impossible human endeavor to to contain the vastness of Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the Northern Lights stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favourite stamps from the series! ;)

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.