19 November 2023

Sunday Stamps | Wright Brothers (and More)

USA, 2003

The Wright brothers, Orville and Wilbur, Wright, were American aviation pioneers generally credited with inventing, building, and flying the world's first successful motor-operated airplane. The Wright Flyer made the first flight on 17 December 1903.

Cyprus, 2021

Today's Sunday Stamps is dedicated to Planes, trains, automobiles. Automobiles are far from being a favourite topic of mine. However, from some reason, every then and now I get a postcard featuring them. Like this one, sent by Eckhard (Germany), through the Postcrossing site:


It is a bit contradictory that it arrived with a railway station stamp on the back, isn't it?
Wilhelm-Leuschner-Platz Station, Leipzig (2023)

The stamp belongs to the series Underground Station Architecture, initiated three years ago. I have got two more stamps from it:
Marienplatz Station, Munich (2020)

Überseequartier Station, Hamburg (2021)

9 comments:

  1. Bit of a dystopian vibe going on with those stations although I like the colour of Marienplatz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes stations seem issued from a film, you're right. Even in some small towns!

      Delete
  2. I like the wright Bros. stamps - I remember the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the stations stamps, I think I have a couple of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. I think they feel almost unreal.

      Delete
  4. Those station stamps have an interesting perspective!
    The biplane looks far too flimsy for me. Those were daring men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you regarding the plane. It seems a toy one!

      Delete
  5. p.s. still having problems commenting.... it's at my end.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.