23 November 2023

Thursday Postcard Hunt | The Writer's Dog

Karl Kraus (1874-1936) was an Austrian writer I knew nothing about until I got this postcard, in August. According to the sender, the quotation reads: "Art is something that is so clear that nobody understands it". 

I have chosen this postcard for today's Thursday Postcard Hunt because of the dog. Then I had a look at my Writers album, and found a second postcard of a writer with his dog: Thomas Carlyle. It seems Carlyle's dog was named Nero. And now I just need to know the name of the dog on the first postcard!



------------------------------------------------

Thursday Postcard Hunt

November theme: ANIMALS
  • Week 1 - In the Wild
  • Week 2 - On the Farm
  • Week 3 - Working
  • Week 4 - Pets
  • Week 5 - Cartoon, funny
Everyone is welcome to share their postcards!

4 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of Kraus either or that there Carlyle's house in London was a museum. Good to learn 2 new things today. Not many writers have two houses preserved as museums, Carlyle's birthplace in Scotland is owned by the National Trust too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to learn what names people give their pets. I bet they haven't really changed much over the years (unlike people names)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some classic names. But then, some people got really crative regarding their pets' names!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.