17 November 2023

Wood Postcard

I am not sure you can appreciate it on the picture, but this postcard is made of wood. And quite thin, so I was surprised that it arrived safe and sound after a 4-week travel from the USA (sent by Phillip).

Two of the stamps of the back belong to the Thinking of You sheet, issued in August this year.


It is a curious design, don't you think? According with the USPS site, these are not random illustrations:
The pane of 20 Thinking of You stamps features five unique designs filled with a variety of whimsical images, including flowers, balloons cute animals, sweet treats, and symbols of good luck. Capturing the excitement and delight of receiving a card in the mail meant just for you.
I guess you can fins something you like in every stamp. And I agree: it is a real delight to receive a piece of mail meant just for you!

5 comments:

  1. I enlarged your photo, and now I see all the show names are in English, so I'm going to go with New York for the city, maybe the borough of Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does the colour of the taxi fit?
      There is also a truck with lettering in Spanish.

      Delete
    2. The taxi color is right for NYC

      Delete
  2. Those wood postcards are hard to find but so beautiful and artfully crafted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.