11 January 2024

Thursday Postcard Hunt | Three Days of Peace and Music

I didn't find any book cover or movie poster for this week's Thursday Postcard Hunt, so I thought a festival poster could do:


It evokes the original promotional poster for Woodstock Festival of 1969. Philip (the USA) sent it with matching stamps, issued on August 2019 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the festival. (More about these stamps.)


------------------------------------------------

Thursday Postcard Hunt

January theme: WORDS
Everyone is welcome to share their postcards!

8 comments:

  1. Unlike the music festivals of today, I am so familiar with every single one of the artists from Woodstock. Not so sure I was at the time, being only 12!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was 14, then. I was following most of the British groups, then, and Jimi Hendrix, of course.

      Delete
  2. Is nice that only one of the stamps was canceled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens sometimes. It's perfect when the stamps are the same, so you can have both versions, with and without cancellation.

      Delete
  3. I've never seen the Woodstock posters before, neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was also new for me. Maybe I had see it, but I didn't remember it!

      Delete
  4. woah!!!! that's the best postcard ever! it would be in my "best postcards" folder!!! 😀

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.