24 January 2024

Randomly Thinking of You


I got the rest of these stamps. They still strike me as a random pile of strange things nicely arranged (a pink cat? a sticking-plaster?). I feel better now that I know that, what I thought to be a vulcano, is actually a birthday hat!


According with the USPS site, these are not just random illustrations:
Capturing the excitement and delight of receiving a card in the mail meant just for you, Thinking of You features five stamps in a pane of 20 and a host of die-cut, self-adhesive messages — perfect to accompany letters or cards sent to brighten someone’s day. Each stamp is designed in fun colors with different whimsical images, including flowers, balloons, cute animals, sweet treats and symbols of good luck. Words of encouragement and thoughtful affirmations surround the stamps on the pane. Art director Greg Breeding designed the stamps with original artwork by Ellen Surrey.

4 comments:

  1. I bought a sheet of them and used them on postcards but I did think they were one of the USPS' odder issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks to me like a game of "you can choose only one of this things", or something like that. Anyway, I like the palette of colours.

      Delete
  2. I never noticed the plaster 😆 That item does seem a bit random

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.