05 June 2013

Postcards from Philippines

It is not easy to get postcards from Philippines and I guess it is not easy to get postcards from Morocco. So Maria (Philippines) and I arranged a swap of two postcards. These arrived in my mail box two weeks ago:



I like postcards with people. It seems to me that they show the real life. But usually I wonder if the picture was taken long time ago, and what happened with those people. Maybe these kids now are grown-ups...

I found interesting what is written on the back:
Philippine tricycle. It is three wheeler motor-rickshaw commonly used in the Philippines as mode of transportation on short distances. They can be found in every city, town or village. Tricycles are part of Filipino way of living and moving around without them would be difficult.



The second postcard shows Rizal Park in the capital city Manila. Rizal is Philippines' national hero.

Also the stamps say a lot about Philippines' culture:


The tamaraw is a mammal.
It is endemic to the island of Mindoro.

MaHal Kita = 'I love you'
Maria taught me some words in Filipino. I am amazed how much we can learn trough mail and postcards!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you liked the cards. And yep, it's always a nice thing to wonder about much the people in the card has aged.

    If you want to swap again, I'm just an email away. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now I'm doing too much swaps, but I'd like to swap again with you in the next months. Philippines sounds as very attractive country to me, and these postcards are wonderful.

      Delete
  2. Wow, so beautiful. And the fish stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to go for a ride on that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.