08 October 2016

Sanquhar

1. The Post Office / 2. The 12th century castle /
3. The Toll Booth / 4. A view of the Town

I had written about the post office on this postcard: the oldest working post office in the world, as recognized by the Universal Postal Union and the Guinness Book of Records. It is located in Sanquhar, Scotland. So, I was more than happy to receive a postcard showing it, sent by John (the UK)! You can read on this John's blog post about his visit to that place. 

As a bonus, this card was posted in a pillar box painted gold to celebrate Andy Murray's 2012 Olympic gold medal

8 comments:

  1. WoW!! Wish I had a postcard from the oldest post office in the world in my collection...Great!!o͜͡o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only known about Sanquhar for a couple of years - I wonder if it was your post that I earned about it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If so, that's perfect: my post brought me this super postcard! Thanks, John.
      I like also that you posted in that golden mailbox.

      Delete
  3. I think it might have featured on a stamp once but also nice to see its surrounding area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh wow! What a great piece for your collection! I prefer single view postcards but this multiview with interesting features on each frame makes me want to change my preference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually prefer single views, too, because they allow to appreciate the tiny details. But sometimes I don't mind, if the postcard is interesting enough. I'm very happy with this one!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.