09 February 2019

Markets on Postcards

Actually, this postcard is not from a market, but from a promotion of regional products (we are proud of our prawns, it seems!). During an exhibition, in Christmas, people were allowed to send one or two postcards for free. 

One of them was sent to me and yes, it arrived ten days later. Without any stamp, only the promotional one you can see on the picture.

I sent two postcards myself, but when I had already put them on the fake postbox, I noticed that I was not supposed to sent them abroad. What a pity!



And now, the real markets on postcards that I have recently got:

Harrod's (London, the UK). Sent by Laura.




Pike Place Market (Seattle, the USA). Sent by Maria and Margaret.
No visit would be complete without a trip to the colorful and historic Pike Place Market. As the largest and oldest continuously operating marketplace in the country, Pike Place began in the 1940's as a small, privately owned market where farmers and craftspeople could sell their merchandise. Today the market is owned by the City of Seattle and displays fresh seafood, fresh produce and unique hand-made arts and crafts that attract shoppers from around the world.

Tamu-tamu or local market in Sabah (Borneo, Malaysia). Postcard sent by Ivy.

6 comments:

  1. Great set of postcards. I have been to Pike Place Market - amazing place.

    And if they didn't want you to send the postcards abroad, maybe the 'stamp' should not have featured a globe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also been inside Harrod's - too pricey for me!

      Delete
    2. I hand't think about that incongruity on the stamp (there were several designs, same as with the postcards). It's a pity... one of my failed international was for you! :(((

      I also entered Harrod's once. I think I bought a minuscule box of tea (just because it said "Harrod's", and was a gift for a friend), and... a lollipop! Definitely, too pricey for me too.

      Delete
    3. It has not arrived - I wonder what happens to the ones that are addressed for countries outside Spain? Another mail mystery that will go unsolved, probably. Thanks for thinking of me for one of them, it is a nice design.

      Delete
  2. J'aime beaucoup la carte promotionnelle sur les crevettes et les deux dernières pour leur côté artisanal !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.