19 February 2019

Delicious Postcards

One thing I love to learn about, through the Postcrossing postcards, is food from different countries!

On the back of this postcard, there is a useful recipe. It was sent by a Russian postcrosser who is living in Australia. How many countries on a piece of paper!


Traditional Japanese food:
Left up: Tempura (Fried seafood and vegetables);
Left down: Japanese Style Cakes;
Right up: Sushi Rice Balls topped with sliced raw fish;
Right down: Sashimi dish of slice raw fish.

There must be something of those inside the Japanese fridge that appears on this collage postcard made by my friend Laura (the UK)...


Christmas cookies from Germany (this arrived just before Christmas).

Stroopwafel from the Netherlands, sent by Miranda. I have tried them, so maybe I should add the label "places I have been to" to this post...

Not sure about what are they eating on this postcard that arrived from Taiwan, but I believe it is delicious as well...

10 comments:

  1. An instant category for your postcard collection. Making me feel hungry, even though I have already eaten breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what do you eat at breakfast ? Très jolies cartes !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oatmeal with fruit and nuts. You?

      Delete
    2. Black coffee without sugar ,buttered toasted bread and fruits (kiwi ,clementine ,apple or banana ) and sometimes fresh orange juice ,boiled egg or natural yogurt without sugar !

      Delete
    3. This is a sort of weird conversation for a blog about snail mail... :D

      Delete
    4. Curtains, food, I wonder what weird conversation is next?

      Delete
    5. Désolée Eva ,c'est bon les escargots avec du persil et de l'ail :))

      Delete
  3. I am not fond of cookies, but a stroopwafel I cannot resist :-)

    I love the last one: although I should teach my kids not to combine being online while eating (breakfast, lunch, dinner), this father, as well as I myself, does not act the way he / I should and gives a different example.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who can resist stroopwafel? They taste like heaven!

      I never eat while online. First I post delicious postcards, and then I need to eat!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.