29 June 2020

Las bicicletas son para el verano*


Zeus, a Spanish bike from 1979

Same day last week, I got two postcards featuring bikes, from the USA and the Netherlands. Plus a letter from the UK about a kid learning how to ride a bike.

The Zeus postcard was written on 22 April, postmarked on 23 April, and arrived two months later: on 22 June. Do you think it came by bike?

Nijntie/Miffy, by Dick Bruna

-----
*This is the title of a famous play by Fernando Fernán Gómez. Las bicicletas son para el verano means 'Bicycles Are for the Summer'

5 comments:

  1. Too hot for me to go cycling this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have such great intentions to use my bike more in the summer only to decide it is almost always too hot!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.