24 June 2020

Reptiles

"Why shouldn't a woman run a reptile house? Women
 are at work in my country, and the rest of the world,
in all types of work and professions." 

Joan Beauchamp Procter  (1897-1931) was a zoologist. This postcard designed by Rachel Ignotofsky highlights her top achievements: "Discovered a new species, the peninsula dragon lizard" ; "Considered an expert in herpetology"; "Designed the most advanced reptile house of its time".

It was sent by Phillip (the USA). It arrived on a big mail day, i.e. along with no less than eight pieces of mail. Among them, another postcard featuring a reptile. I love these little coincidences in the mail box.
 
Märchen, by Suzan Visser

Sent by Heleen (the Netherlands).

4 comments:

  1. I love Suzan Visser's art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the first time I see it, but I love it too.

      Delete
  2. I love when you have mail box coincidences, and nice to see one of mine arrive the same time as one of Heleen's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.