15 June 2020

Universities

John Slezer's engraving of 1693 shows what was then known as the University of Glasgow's New College, which was built in the 1630s on the same site as the medieval college, and used until the university moved to the west end of the city in 1870.

Gargoyles & Grotesques Carvings from All Souls,
University College & New College
Oxford, the UK

Magdalen College, Oxford, the UK


My school resembles more to the illustration below :)
Finally, this crazy school year finishes tomorrow!

Illustration by Mila Marquis

Postcards sent by John (UK), Tasha (UK) and Heleen (the Netherlands).

4 comments:

  1. Great cards, and I think the gargoyles are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These gargoyles are superb. I got this postcard through Postcrossing.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I do love seeing gargoyles and grotesques. I only wish I were able to float upwards to better see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binoculars help, but flying would be far better ;)

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.