24 October 2016

Unconventional Monkeys


This was my third contribution to FinnBadger's mail art call: The Year of  the Monkey. It is a detail from Hieronymus Bosch's The Garden of Earthly Delights, printed on balsa wood. I couldn't go to the post office to sent it, so I wasn't sure about the postage. Happily, it arrived safe and sound to the USA.


And the thank you mail that I received was everything but conventional: a monkey-shaped paper plate! A little ear wound, but, anyway... I would have never thought that an item like this could survive an intercontinental mail travel.


4 comments:

  1. A great contribution to his collection and an equally good thankyou. I'm amazed it survived its travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said on the blog, the balsa wood postcard is amazing in person. And I am also surprised the monkey made it. If the ear had been torn off completely, would you have known it was from me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would guessed because of the label with my address :)

      But he's happy to be complete!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.