09 June 2019

Women on Stamps | P for Pitts


ZaSu Pitts (1894-1963) was an American actress who starred in many silent dramas, and then transitioning successfully to mostly comedy films with the advent of sound films.

She was honoured with her image on this stamp in 1994, as part of The Silent Screen Stars stamp set, designed by caricaturist Al Hirschfeld. I have received another form this set:



And I found a picture of the whole set on the net:


----------

For the current round of Sunday Stamps A-Z I am showing stamps dedicated to women. You can see here all the Women on Stamps featured on this blog.

Go to Sunday Stamps to enjoy more P-stamps.

8 comments:

  1. I’ve never seen her in a film. I’ll have to see if there are any available online to see

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be interesting, to see her in a film!

      Delete
    2. I've also never seen her before, and even though I have seen that set of stamps I realize that I overlooked hers for some reason.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant caricatures, they always work well on stamps. ZaSu Pitts is the only one I don't know but I love this set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choice - but I might have saved her for 'Z'. What a brilliant set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this round of Sunday Stamps I'm using the surnames of the women depicted.

      Delete
  4. Love the caricatures of these stamps. And she is also the only one I'd not heard of before. I wonder how that happened?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.