23 June 2019

Women on Stamps | R for Rand


Ayn Rand (1905 – 1982) was a Russian-American writer and philosopher.She is known for her two best-selling novels, The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, and for developing a philosophical system she named Objectivism.

This stamp appeared in 1999, and was illustrated by artist Nick Gaetano.

----------
For the current round of Sunday Stamps A-Z I am showing stamps dedicated to women. You can see here all the Women on Stamps featured on this blog.

Go to Sunday Stamps to enjoy more R-stamps.

13 comments:

  1. Not a philosophy I like but I love the stamp, clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read her books, so I don't know. But the design of the stamp is very appealing to me.

      Delete
  2. I remember enjoying the Fountainhead ... but I was young and most of her philosophy went right over my head. Once I knew about it, I was slightly appalled that I liked her works. But I do love this stamp. (art deco!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One doesn't need to like her philosophy to appreciate the stamp... :)

      Delete
  3. I read Atlas Shrugged twice as an adult and it was over my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually once reading it. The first time before that was hearing it as an audio book on a long drive to Arizona from Seattle. Pretty much took the whole drive to hear it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of her but not read any of her books. A mesmerising stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stamp design make me think more of the 1960s than the 1990s. I also have not read her work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. Somehow, the design reminds me one exhibition about Soviet art...

      Delete
    2. Yes, it does have that look to it.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.