29 April 2024

Pau


Andorra is a small country without a postal company of its own. The mail service is provided by the Spanish and French public companies: Correos (since 1928) and La Poste (since 1931). Both companies issue stamps to be used in Andorra.

The stamp above was sent by Fabienne (France), and the stamp below was bought by myself in Spain, for the Peace Stamp project.


When sending mail from there, you must be careful and use the right stamps and mail boxes!
Mail box of La Poste (left) and of Correos (right) 
in l'Aldosa de la Massana (Andorra)
(Picture taken from here)

4 comments:

  1. Nice stamps! I have been in Andorra, but I did not send any postcards. If I had sent, I would probably have put it in the wrong box :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you know, so no excuse next time! ;)

      Delete
  2. That's very interesting, if not a bit confusing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I am familiar with these mailboxes (Spanish & French), so I would never be confused. But it might be challenging for a newcomer!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.