04 April 2024

Thursday Postcard Hunt | Almost a Lighthouse


Some boats on this postcard from Breda sent by Heleen (the Netherlands).

The lighthouse in the canal is not a real one, meant to show the way to boats. It is a work of art by Italian architect and artist Aldo Rossi, placed in 1992. 

-----------------------------------------------

Thursday Postcard Hunt

April theme: TRANSPORTATION
  • Week 1 - Boats, ferries
  • Week 2 - Buses, trams, taxis
  • Week 3 - Bicycles, tuk tuks
  • Week 4 - Cable cars, gondolas
Everyone is welcome to share their postcards!

8 comments:

  1. The Netherlands is perfect for finding urban boats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. I have several Dutch postcards that could fir!

      Delete
  2. I like that bright lighthouse. Aldo Rossi is a very common name: my doctor in Italy was named Aldo Rossi .🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lighthouse that isn't is very interesting. I read about it, one site called it a "folly," but I thought that was like a gazebo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems the neighbours weren't very happy with it at first.

      Delete
  4. An opportunity for a lighthouse reflection on the Breda Canal, irresistible for a photographer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.