19 April 2024

Russian Doll Letter

Heleen (the Netherlands) got this envelope from Germany, and she was thoughtful enough to send it to me. So, she put it inside a transparent bag, hid the stamps with some tape, and and the due postage.

For some unknown reason (an invisible barcode, as the sender suggested?) the envelope was returned to her.

So, again, she put inside a third (handmade) envelope and sent it to me. This time it arrived safe and sound. And, of course, I am not unhappy with the whole matter, because I got some extra stamps and another beautiful envelope. And it was very entertaining to reach the contents, after opening three covers!

3 comments:

  1. How great that it finally arrived!
    Thank you for posting the final uncovering! Indeed it has become like a Matruschka :-)
    I think this way of sending has to be repeated as soon as new foreign lighthouse (or mailbox or other matching) stamps-on-envelopes arrive :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.