07 April 2024

Sunday Stamps | Weather Maps

Today's topic in Sunday Stamps is The Sun or a sunny day. I uploaded a couple of weather maps on stamps:


A 202 stamp from Hungary, which celebrates 150th Anniversary of the Hungarian Meteorological Service.


A stamp issued on 1st February 2024, and belonging to the Royal Mail series Weather Forecasting, which marks the 170th anniversary of UK's national meteorological service. Barbara Edwards is is an English meteorologist who became the BBC's first female television weather presenter in January 1974.

Below, another one from the same set: 

Supercomputers and satellites help track the Earth's weather today

13 comments:

  1. Weather maps are something I find so interesting - all those almost predictable patterns, or belts. And to see how they have changed over the decades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. They look very different nowadays.

      Delete
  2. I never saw weather maps stamps: so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a weather map and we have access to so many nowadays all thanks to those supercomputers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think weather forecast is pretty accurate nowadays.

      Delete
  4. Weather map stamps are new to me too! Partly cloudy weather forecast for me on Monday, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great set of stamps, so nice that you received some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have received these two so far. I love them.

      Delete
  6. I never imagined stamps with either weather maps or meteorologists on them! Or, a "weather presenter," as it says, either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The presenter is a plus :)

      Delete
    2. Although I was too young to remember her, I am sure I would have seen that presenter. I do remember the weather symbols they used to place on the map!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.