27 December 2016

Analogical Tweet


I read a lot about how we interact more and more the Internet and less and less in the so-called meatspace. (Ironically, I read that often on the web...). But sometimes, I am not sure that there is a barrier between both. For instance, I exchange real (physical) letters with people that I don't know in flesh, and I exchange e-mails with friends, neighbours and relatives. 

Another example of that flow boundaries: I have received an analogical Twitter tool (rubber stamp) by snail mail...

It arrived inside a very small packet. From Heleen (the Netherlands), of course!

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant!
    (I'd never heard the expression meatspace - I'm sure there must be a better phrase. How about 'real life!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of 'meatspace' either. Makes me think of the freshly invented new terms 'fleshspace' ('irl') versus 'flashspace (digitally communicated) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (as the - also good - term 'in real life' has become controversial, at least in our country it does not distinguish anymore: for many nowadays people digital life IS real life :-D )

      Delete
  3. I've recently learnt both terms, meatspace and fleshpace in some books. And I'm afraid I agree with Heleen: real life doesn't mean what it used to. The boundaries aren't as clear as they were some years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Point taken! I'll withdraw my 'real life' suggestion but I'll keep searching for a better expression than meatspace - it sounds too much like meatsafe - one of those gauze fronted cupboards we had when I was a child.

      Delete
    2. Definitely, we need a term! Let me know when you find it :)

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.