17 December 2016

Early for Christmas

Post Early, by Peter Huveners (1958)
sent by John (the UK)

I think today is the right day to remind (again!) that we should post your mail early if you want they to arrive for Christmas. But, to be honest, I always keep receiving Christmas mail at least during January and February (two years ago, a postcard posted early arrived... in August!).

Most of my Christmas mail arrives in Spain (where I usually spent the holidays). But two festive pieces of mail have already arrived from FinnBadger (the USA). 



The envelopes are made of a shopping bag and a catalogue (Which is funny because I also used catalogues to made some envelopes this year). And that original Christmas tree is actually a barcode tree.

These two letters were sent the same day, but arrived in different days. And, of course, in the inverse order.




An two more Christmas postcards have already arrived.


I love Christmas trees. But, as every child in my country... the arriving of the Magi is the most expected part of the holidays!

Los Tres Reyes, by Ruth Christensen (mouth painter)

I added this post to Maria's link Postcards for the Weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Of course they arrived in the wrong order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day the mail services will really surprise us!

      Delete
  2. Hi Eva, I enjoyed these cards. Perfect addition to the link up! I like the way you tell us when cards were received. Especially the Christmas card in August! :-) Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are always surprises in the mail. That's why I love it! :)

      Delete
  3. Ah the mystery of post, the magi decided to deliver by hand:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eva, that mouth painted postcard is astonishing! Thanks for sharing. I also receive Christmas postcards up until January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine sends this postcards to me from time to time. I always find the paintings amazing.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.