23 October 2018

The Walk of the World


Heleen (the Netherlands) told me in this letter about the Four Days Marches. I had never heard about, and in 2018 they reached the 102th edition. The 103th will take place from 16-19 July 2019. As the website explains:
The Four Days Marches are a walking achievement event for four consecutive days, in which annually tens of thousands walkers are participating. On those days, people from all over the world come to Nijmegen to walk in and around the city and its beautiful wooded surroundings.
 

People seems very happy on the stamp and the postcards... Despite of the difficulties (Look at those feet!).



And also a cheerful occasion for spectators, even under the rain!
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting :-)
    Yes, it is a very cheerful happening, even though I never walked it myself. And in the city center festivities take place during that week, with music and so on. Despite of that it myst have been over ten years ago that I joined the festivities - hope to be there again in one of the coming years :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to go there myself. Your drawing is wonderful!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.