04 July 2019

EUROPA Birds

(European) goldfinch (Carduelis carduelis)
From the Netherlands

EUROPA stamps are special stamps issued by European postal administrations/enterprises. Each year, PostEurop's Stamps & Philately Working Group selects the EUROPA stamp theme. National Birds is the 2019 theme.

You can see here all the stamps and, from 9 May till 9 September 2019, vote for your favourite.

In addition to this year's EUROPA stamps issue, some stamps will be brought to life, via a smartphone app technology. This mobile app allows us to get closer to the beautiful creature on the stamp and to listen to its unique sounds, which can take us into the world of nature any single moment (you can download it here).

Whooper Swan (Cygnus cygnus)
From Finland

3 comments:

  1. I love the EUROPA theme for this year, and the connection to the app.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't received any more since I wrote this post. But I have sent some birds from Spain. I have kept one for you. To be sent soon, I hope!

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.