18 July 2019

Føroyar


Receiving a postcards from a new place is always a pleasure. But even more if it is from a dream place, plus the postcard features a lighthouse, and so does the stamp.

Anna sent this postcard from the Faroe Islands. The pictures shows the 1 km long islet Mykineshólmur, at the western end of the island of Mykines. A lighthouse was built there in 1909.


On the stamps:
- An old fire trucks (22 February 2016)
- Akraberg lighthouse, on the southern tip of Suðuroy (28 April 2014)
- The island of Skúvoy (18 September 2000)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful idyllic postcard and stamps! Let me guess (ask): will the Faroe Islands be one of your next holiday destinations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Faroe Islands have been in my (our) mind for long time as a travel destination... But Ania went there first! I don't hink we can go there soon, but it's one of those places I REALLY want to visit!

      Delete
    2. I hope and will keep my fingers crossed that your dream will come true within one or a few years!

      Delete
  2. You are right, it does seem like a dream place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.