26 July 2019

Cookery Postcards


(California Campus) 
Both postcards sent by Bryon (the USA). Don't you find very curious the second one? I am not sure I have tasted any of those salads...

French Salads Named After French Women 
By Naz Şahin Özcan, 2015

Postcard received from Helen (Russia), through the Postcrossing site. I was surprised it was written in Spanish! I am posting also the back because of the nice postmark and the also delicious stamp featuring a pineapple.



As you can see, it includes the recipe of the pancake... in Russian, of course.



Two more Postcrossing postcards:
Taiwanese Food
Singapore Chilli Crab

Postcard sent by Claire (the USA). An illustration from the children's book A Trip to Delicious, by Jacqueline Briggs Martin, illustrated by Hayelin Choi.


The following postcard sent by Laura shows a book cover: Good Dishes from Tinned Food, by Ambrose Heath, 1943:

Also sent by Laura: If I can include here tinned food... why not ham sandwiches?

6 comments:

  1. Being curious myself (and needing to update my salad recipes) I tried to find these. Only Aida seems real - but each recipe online was different!
    I like these Asian cards with pictures of traditional food. Never had taiwanese food, myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was unsuccessfully looking for the salads, too. In the meanwhile, eating a ham sandwich... :D

      Delete
  2. Jolie série de cartes postales !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci! Est-ce que tu connais ces salades de la carte postale verte?

      Delete
    2. Du tout ! à croire qu'elles sont nées de l'imagination de l'auteur de la carte postale !

      Delete
  3. This post made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.