25 July 2019

HitM | Log Cabin


I am still amazed about the variety of houses that arrives fro the Houses in the Mail project! From Lilli (Canada) I got one I had not thought of: a log cabin. 

I like a lot Lilli's use of the stamps. I'd hope the fireplace in my cabin wouldn't produce so much smoke, though!



But it would be nice if, like on the envelope, the cabin was near a World Heritage site like L’Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site (Dating to around the year 1000, it is the only confirmed Norse or Viking site in North America outside of the settlements found in Greenland).



And, of course, I would be honoured if my mail was delivered by Albert Jackson! He is thought to have been the first Black letter carrier in Canada. (Read more about this stamp.)

I know living in a log cabin isn't for everyone. But, just in case I (or you) would give it a try, the sender included a postcard that shows how to build one...

8 comments:

  1. Superbe ensemble,carte enveloppe et timbres !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb indeed, all matching and beautiful to see! The way she combined the smoke on the illustration with the stamp is great!

    And I love the mailman stamp, and how coincidental (or not coincidental) that there even are houses in the background :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Lilli’s creativity here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments. I'm glad you like this envelope... It's wonderful! (As the letter inside was.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a perfect illustrated envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever of Lilli to include the stamp as part of the scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.